Home | Sitemap | Contact Us | Translate
My name is Jazz Kristensen and I am elated to be return to Calder Road Elementary for my third year of teaching! I grew up in Pasadena, Texas, and graduated from the University of Houston Clear Lake. In my class we will have fun and grow as learners every single day. I cannot wait to get to know you and see what this year has in store for us!
Get rid of the First day Jitters!
Starting school can be a difficult time for children. Every child is hesitant to go somewhere new and see people she's never met before. Here are some helpful ways to prepare your child for her first day of school:
1. Let your child know what his schedule will be like. Tell him what time school begins and ends each day.
2. Ask your child about her feelings -- both the excitement and the concerns -- about starting school.
3. Visit the school with your child to see his new classroom and meet his new teacher before school officially starts.
4. Point out the positive aspects of starting school. It will be fun and she can make new friends.
5. Let your child know that all kids are nervous about the first day of school.
6. Leave a note in your child's lunchbox that will remind him you're thinking of him while he's at school.
7. Reassure your child that if any problems arise at school, you will be there to help resolve them.
8. Try to have your child meet a classmate before the first day of school so she will already have a friend when school starts.
9. Arrange for your child to walk to school or ride together on the bus with another kid in the neighborhood.
10. Find out about after-school activities that your child can join. Will there be a back-to-school party? Can she join a sports team?
Calder Road Elementary - All Rights Reserved | 6511 Calder Road | League City, Texas 77573
Copyright © 2016 - Dickinson Independent School District
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM